Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Total Time: 2 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
With tender beef and delicious sauce, this Hungarian Goulash is total comfort food! Ready in just about 2 hours, you can surely enjoy the best meal today! Perfect on a cold day, but feel free to serve this pretty much any time of the year! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go!
2 tsp butter or lard (preferred)
2 c beef broth or water
2 medium onions
1 c diced tomatoes, canned
¼ c flour
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 ½ lb. stewing beef, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 tbsp paprika
3 c potatoes, optional
1 ½ c carrots, optional
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the onion, then sauté until soft.
4. Add paprika and caraway seeds, then stir until well blended.
5. Add flour into a mixing bowl.
6. Add the beef and toss until well coated with flour.
7. Add the beef into the pot, then cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add 1/4 cup of beef broth, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits.
9. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, and the rest of the broth. Stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil.
10. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pot and simmer everything for about 1 1/2 hours or 2 hours.
11. Serve right away and enjoy!
Serve this Goulash with some toasted bread or biscuits.
Veggies are optional, but I highly suggest you add them to give extra colors and flavors as well.
Calories: 427, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 84mg, Sodium: 662mg, Potassium: 1188mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 6585IU, Vitamin C: 20.5mg, Calcium: 92mg, Iron: 7mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!