Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 40 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
If you want the best dish to serve for today, then you must try this recipe! This Hungarian Goulash is cooked to perfection! I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
olive oil cooking spray, or 2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, diced
3 garlic cloves sliced
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 teaspoon salt
2 lbs (950g) stewing beef, trimmed of fat, cubed
2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional – use if you like a bit of spice)
2 c (500ml) beef stock (low sodium broth)
14 ounces (400g) chopped tomatoes
3 carrots, roughly chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)
2 red bell peppers, sliced
Salt and pepper to season
Sour cream to serve (optional)
1. Use paper towels to pat dry the beef.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
3. Prepare the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F or 160 degrees C.
4. Place a casserole dish on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
7. Turn the heat to medium-high, then add the garlic, caraway seeds, and salt. Saute for a few minutes until aromatic.
8. Add the beef and cook each side until brown.
9. Remove the dish from the heat, then add paprika. Stir until well mixed.
10. Put it back on the stove, then add the carrots, tomatoes, and beef stock. Allow the mixture to simmer.
11. Cover the dish and cook for about 1 hour.
12. Remove the cover, then add the potatoes. Stir until just mixed.
13. Cover it again and cook for one more hour.
14. Add the peppers and cook for another 30 minutes.
15. Add more seasonings if needed.
16. Serve with crusty bread and sour cream. Enjoy!
To Cook in the Slow Cooker:
1. Repeat steps 1 to 12. Cook for 7 hours on a low setting.
2. Remove the cover, then add the sliced pepper. Stir until well mixed.
3. Cook for another 30 minutes or until done.
4. Add more seasonings if needed.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 918mg | Potassium: 1804mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9152IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 10mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!