Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Additional Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 5 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This roasted chicken recipe is my go-to food on weekends! It is very easy to make. In just about 2 hours, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner ever! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
5-6 pounds whole chicken
1 large bunch thyme, plus 20 sprigs
1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
1 lemon, halved
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 large yellow onion, sliced into large chunks
4 whole carrots, sliced into 4-inch chunks
1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, cut into wedges
2-3 tbsp Olive oil
For the Gravy:
2/3 c Chicken Broth
3 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Flour
For the Chicken:
1. Remove the neck from the chicken, then use paper towels to pat it dry.
2. Prepare the oven and preheat to 215 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
3. Rub the entire chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Stuff the seasoned chicken with garlic, lemon, and thyme.
5. Brush it with 2 tablespoons of butter, then sprinkle salt and pepper again.
6. Tie the legs with kitchen twine, then put the wings below the chicken.
7. In a roasting pan, add the carrots, onion slices, and fennel bulb.
8. Season with thyme, salt, pepper, and a lot of olive oil. Toss everything until well combined.
9. Put the whole chicken over the veggies.
10. Place it inside the preheated oven and roast for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Make sure to spoon the drippings over from time to time.
11. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
12. Slice, serve with the roasted veggies, and enjoy!
To Make the Gravy:
1. Mix chicken drippings with broth. Stir until well combined. You should get 2 cups out of it.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 3 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add 3 tbsp of flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute.
5. Add 1/2 of the broth mixture, then whisk until well mixed.
6. Add the rest of the broth mixture and whisk until well mixed and thick.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with roasted chicken. Enjoy!
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 213mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 793mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5530IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!