Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Additional Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Easy, delicious, and simple! Give this Instant Pot Orange Chicken a try, and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy!
2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large Eggs
1/2 c cornstarch
1 1/2 c flour
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 c granulated sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c + 2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp Sriracha
1/2 c soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp cornstarch
4 green onions, sliced
1. Add the cracked eggs into a mixing bowl, then whisk until creamy.
2. Add cornstarch and flour into another bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken.
4. Coat each chicken with the beaten eggs and flour mixture. Set aside.
5. On your Instant Pot, press the “Sauté” button.
6. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the chicken, then cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
8. Pour 1 cup of orange juice into the Instant Pot, then scrape the bottom to get the browned bits.
9. Add vinegar, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sriracha, red pepper, and granulated sugar. Stir until well blended.
10. Put the chicken back into the Instant Pot, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
11. Cover and seal the Instant Pot, then press the “Pressure Cook” button and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on a high setting.
12. Do a natural release for about 10 minutes.
13. Remove the cover, then immediately press the “Sauté” button.
14. Mix 2 tbsp of orange juice and 2 tbsp of cornstarch. Add the mixture into the Instant Pot and stir until well blended.
15. Simmer everything for about 3 minutes.
16. Turn off and let the chicken sit inside for about 5 minutes.
17. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Sprinkle freshly chopped green onions and orange zest on top to garnish.
Serving Size: 1 cup chicken
Amount Per Serving: Calories680 | Total Fat12g | Saturated Fat2g | Trans Fat0g | Unsaturated Fat8g | Cholesterol191mg | Sodium1379mg | Carbohydrates85g | Fiber2g | Sugar46g | Protein55g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!