Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Bake Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 12 Enchiladas
Oh, my! This spectacular dish will bring satisfaction to your craving tummy! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp of vegetable oil plus additional for toasting tortillas
1 c of finely diced onion
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 jalapeno seeds removed, minced
1 c of low-sodium chicken broth
2 8 ounces cans of good quality tomato sauce
2 tbsp of chilli powder
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts about 3 medium-sized breasts
2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
12 corn tortillas
8 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese shredded
8 ounces of Monterey jack cheese shredded
sour cream for serving
1. Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot.
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the garlic, onions, and jalapeno. Saute until aromatic and soft.
4. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, sugar, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Add the chicken breasts, then close the Instant Pot. Cook for about 10 minutes on a high setting.
6. Shred the cheese and prepare tortillas.
7. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
8. Brush each tortilla with a bit of vegetable oil, then arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet.
9. Place the tortillas inside the oven and heat for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot, then allow them to cool. Use two forks to shred them into small pieces.
11. Add 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley into the enchilada sauce, then stir until well mixed.
12. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
13. Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
14. Fill each tortilla with enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, and shredded chicken. Roll each and arrange them into the prepared baking dish.
15. Spread the rest of the sauce on top of the enchiladas.
16. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
17. Cover everything with aluminium foil.
18. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
19. Place the enchiladas inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
20. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more fresh cilantro on top.
21. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!