Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This Italian Drunken Noodles never fail to satisfy my cravings all the time! A very simple recipe that I am sure you can make. Try it now!
1 yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes, with juice
1 orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
4 spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed
8 oz. pappardelle noodles, uncooked
4 cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
1 large onion, quartered and sliced thinly
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
½ c white (I used Chardonnay)
¼ c fresh basil leaves, julienned, divided use
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the noodles on how to cook them. Drain and rinse.
2. Put a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the spicy Italian sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown. Transfer the browned sausage onto a clean plate.
5. In the empty pan, add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until a bit caramelized. Season with salt, cracked black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir until well blended.
6. Add the bell peppers, then sauté until soft.
7. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
8. Pour in white wine and stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits. Simmer for a few minutes until it is reduced to half.
9. Add the tomato slices, then sauté until soft.
10. Put the sausage back into the pan, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for 3 minutes or until done. Remove from the stove.
11. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil, freshly chopped basil, and parsley. Stir until well mixed.
12. Add the cooked noodles, then toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
13. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!