Prep Time: 12 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 7 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This is what you need today! This Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake is simply the best! This was recommended to me by my cousin, Heather. I am so satisfied with it! Now, I get to share it with you as well. Feel free to tweak this recipe if you want. Serve this cake with your favourite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a snack to remember! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
¾ c butter softened 1 ½ stick
1 ½ c sugar
15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
3 large Eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c flour
powdered sugar for dusting top of the cake (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter and sprinkle powdered sugar in a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Add butter and sugar into a large bowl. Beat until well blended.
4. Add the ricotta cheese and beat until well mixed.
5. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition until well combined.
6. Add the lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
7. Add salt and baking soda. Stir until well mixed.
8. Add the flour and stir until well mixed. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get the stuck ingredients.
9. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
10. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
11. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
12. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to one week.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!