Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 49 mins | Total Time: 59 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This dish is my ultimate comfort food! I can’t count how many times I ate this Italian Sausage and Peppers! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort today! Have a blessed day, everyone. Enjoy!
1/4 c tomato paste (4 tablespoons)
1/2 c red wine, on the drier side
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
20 ounces sweet Italian sausages, (5 sausages)
1 14.5 ounces can of diced tomatoes
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/4 c olive oil
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 large basil leaves, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Put a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sausages, then cook all sides for a few minutes until brown. Transfer the sausages onto a clean plate.
3. Use paper towels to wipe clean the pan.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the peppers and onion slices, then sauté for about 6 minutes or until soft and translucent.
6. Add the garlic, then sauté until aromatic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the tomato paste, then cook for about 2 minutes to remove the raw taste. Stir everything until well blended.
8. Add the wine, then scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until it reduces its volume.
9. Add the thyme, parsley, oregano, and tomato slices. Stir until well blended.
10. Slice each sausage into 5 pieces, then toss them into the pan.
11. Cover and cook everything for about 20 to 30 minutes.
12. Add the basil leaves, then stir until well blended.
13. Serve right away over pasta. Enjoy!
Calories: 351 kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 24.5g | Saturated Fat: 6.7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 901mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9.1g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!