Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
I love how simple yet delicious this dish is! Oh, man, this recipe is a must-try! The sauce alone will surely make you very happy today! Give this a try now and prepare to fall in love. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
20 ounces sweet Italian sausages, (5 sausages)
1/4 c olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c tomato paste (4 tablespoons)
1/2 c red wine, on the drier side
1 14.5-ounces can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 large basil leaves, chopped
1. Put a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Arrange the sausages into the prepared pan. Cook each side for a few minutes until brown.
3. Remove the browned sausages from the pan onto a clean plate.
4. Use paper towels to wipe clean the pan.
5. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the onion and peppers. Saute until translucent.
7. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute until aromatic.
8. Add the tomato paste and stir until well mixed. Cook for about 2 minutes.
9. Add wine and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits. Allow the wine to reduce its volume and release its alcohol.
10. Add parsley, tomatoes, thyme, and oregano. Stir until well mixed.
11. Slice the sausages into chunks, then put them back in the pan. Stir until well mixed.
12. Cook the sausage for another 30 minutes.
13. Remove from the stove and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
14. Serve over pasta, rice, or on rolls. Enjoy!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 24.5g | Saturated Fat: 6.7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 901mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9.1g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!