Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
A big thanks to my very good friend, Andrew, for recommending this recipe. I never would have tasted perfection if it wasn’t for you! Enjoy an Italian dish in the comfort of your home! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 c diced onion
1 package (12 ounces) bow tie pasta
1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed
1 c packed spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
Fresh parsley, minced (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 c heavy cream
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt. Cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown.
6. Add the red pepper flakes and stir until well mixed.
7. Add the garlic and onion, then sauté until aromatic and soft.
8. Add the heavy cream and tomatoes, then stir until well blended. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the texture of the mixture becomes thick.
9. Add the spinach and cook until wilted completely.
10. Add the drained pasta into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Remove from the stove.
11. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
12. Serve right away and enjoy!
Feel free to use your preferred type of turkey for this recipe.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. Reheat in the microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623 | Total Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 1g | Unsaturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 606mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 19g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!