Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25mins | Total: 35 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
This Italian Sausage Tortellini is made with tortellini cheese and fresh Italian sausage in a homemade creamy tomato sauce. It is one of our favorite recipes for Tortellini. This Italian Sausage Tortellini explodes with flavor. It ‘s certainly one of those recipes that everyone at a restaurant will rave about — but you can make it at home. Consider this the next time you want to rave over your food. It’s so simple to make and all cooks in one saucepan so that at the end of the night, you have only one dish to wash. Try, and enjoy this recipe for Italian Sausage Tortellini.
2 tbsp unsalted butter
(1) (8 oz) package of baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 c of dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio), divided
(3) cloves garlic, minced, divided
10 ounces mild Italian sausage, casings removed
1 (16 oz) package three-cheese tortellini
14 ½ ounces basil pesto sauce (such as Prego®)
1 (5 oz) package baby spinach leaves
1. In a large, deep skillet, add and heat the butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, 1/2 cup white wine, and a clove minced garlic until liquid has reduced and mushrooms have softened about 5 minutes. Take away from the heat and place in a bowl.
2. Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir Italian sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes, dividing it into bite-sized portions while stirring. Remove excess grease by placing paper towels onto a plate and dumping browned sausage onto it to drain, and then return the sausage to the skillet.
3. Return cooked mushrooms to the skillet with sausage and add tortellini, basil pesto sauce, remaining 1/2 cup white wine, and remaining garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low. Coof for 10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, and then cover and cook until spinach is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes more. Mix well to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
Per Serving: 791.5 calories; 84.5 mg cholesterol; 1247.5 mg sodium; 31.3 g protein; 45 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!