Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I will never forget the first time I tasted this delicious soup. It was my sisters’ wedding. I asked the caterer for the recipe and she was gracious enough to give it to me! Now, I get to share it with you as well! Feel free to tweak it to your liking. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp Olive Oil
½ lb ground beef, 80% lean
½ pound ground pork
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs, homemade is best
¼ c Parmesan Cheese, finely grated into a powder
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/3 c fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
1 ¼ c carrots, diced
1 ¼ c yellow onion, diced
¾ c celery, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
8 c Chicken broth, homemade is best
2 tsp Italian seasoning
¾ c dry Acini De Pepe Pasta
8 ounces fresh Spinach
Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the meatballs. Use your clean hands to mix everything.
2. Form small balls out of the mixture.
3. Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the meatballs and cook each side for 3 minutes or until brown. Make sure to cook them in batches.
6. Remove the meatballs from the pot onto a clean plate.
7. Add the carrots, onions, and celery. Sauté until translucent.
8. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
9. Add the Italian seasoning, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined and allow the mixture to boil.
10. Turn the heat down to medium, then put the meatballs back to the pot as well as the pasta.
11. Simmer everything for about 10 minutes or until done.
12. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese fresh parsley over each serving.
13. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1398mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8126IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!