Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
A big thanks to my dear friend for this amazing recipe! I have never tried Italian Zucchini Cake before until now! I love it so much that I’m thinking of making it again tomorrow! Yeah, I just can’t get enough of this luscious cake! Try it now and I promise you that you will not be disappointed at all. Enjoy!
1 ½ lb zucchini (3 medium ones; see notes)
1 small white onion
2 medium garlic cloves (pressed or finely chopped)
½ c olive oil (or vegetable or canola)
4 Eggs (I use extra-large)
1 c all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
½ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ c freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp dried basil
butter to grease your pan
fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter in a 9×13-inch glass pan.
3. Use paper towels to pat dry the zucchini.
4. Slice the zucchini into about 1/8-inch round cuts.
5. Put the zucchini slices into a large mixing bowl.
6. Pat dry the zucchini slices again with paper towels.
7. Chop the onion into small cuts, then put them into the bowl with the zucchini slices.
8. Add the minced garlic as well.
9. In another mixing bowl, add the eggs and oil. Beat until well combined.
10. Pour the egg mixture over the zucchini slices.
11. Add the Parmesan cheese, baking powder, flour, salt, pepper, Romano, and basil. Stir until well combined.
12. Spread the zucchini mixture into the prepared pan.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until the top turns golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Slice into even pieces.
16. Sprinkle parsley over each serving.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 5 days.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!