Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Talk about a complete meal! This is the best recipe I have ever tried this week! In less than an hour, this Jambalaya will be the star of your dinner! A total family favorite! Enjoy the flavors of chicken, sausage, shrimp, rice, and a lot more in one pot!
1 (14.5 ounces can) diced tomatoes
1 c long-grain rice
2 bell peppers, diced (you can also use red, green, yellow, etc.)
1 tbsp olive oil
6 oz. andouille sausage, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
1 yellow onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 tsp sweet paprika
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Cajun seasoning, or to taste,
2 c low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
dried parsley, for garnish
2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. Place a large Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add bell peppers, onions, and celery. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Sauté the veggies until soft.
4. Add garlic, then saute for a minute or until aromatic.
5. Add chicken, oregano, and sweet paprika. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes or until brown.
6. Add tomato paste and sausage, then cook for a minute.
7. Add the rice, Cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes. Stir until well blended and allow the mixture to boil.
8. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then cover the pot.
9. Cook everything for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
10. Add the shrimp, then cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
11. Remove the pot from the stove.
12. Sprinkle dried parsley and green onions on top to garnish.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 371 | Calories from Fat 117 | Fat 13g20% | Saturated Fat 4g20% | Trans Fat 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat 2g | Monounsaturated Fat 6g | Cholesterol 72mg24% | Sodium 518mg22% | Potassium 821mg23% | Carbohydrates 35g12% | Fiber 3g12% | Sugar 5g6% | Protein 27g54% | Vitamin A 1746IU35% | Vitamin C 62mg75% | Calcium 66mg7% | Iron 2mg11%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!