Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
With just five basic ingredients, you can have the best dish to serve today! Enjoy the delicious taste of cabbage, bacon, and the rest of the ingredients! Ready in just 40 minutes, this recipe is total comfort food!
1 large head of Cabbage (shredded; ~20 c shredded)
1 1/2 teaspoons Sea salt (to taste)
8 slices Bacon
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 large sweet onion (sliced into thin half-moons)
1. Add the bacon to a large pan and arrange them in a single layer.
2. Place the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Cook the bacon for 10 minutes or until they become crispy and brown. Make sure to flip the bacon after 5 minutes to cook the other sides. Transfer the crispy bacon onto a clean plate.
4. In the same pan with the bacon grease, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes or until caramelized.
5. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute or until aromatic.
6. Add the cabbage and sauté until soft. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Cover the pan and cook the cabbage for 15 to 25 minutes or until soft. Make sure to cook the cabbage in 2 batches if needed.
8. Crumble the crispy bacon, then add them to the pan. Stir everything until well combined.
9. Serve right away and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 4 to 5 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
I like to serve this dish as is but feel free to serve it with rice if you like.
Calories143 | Fat9g | Protein5g | Total Carbs12g | Net Carbs8g | Fiber4g | Sugar7g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!