Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 42 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 12 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
These lasagna roll-ups are simply the best! I found this recipe online and I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Have a blissful day, friends, and I hope you are well today. Enjoy!
12 lasagna noodles cooked to package instructions
16 ounces ground beef 85% lean
24 ounces marinara sauce
1/2 c diced onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste for red sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 large Egg
1/4 c Parmesan cheese shredded
3 c mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
1/4 c parsley chopped, plus more to garnish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot with salted water on the stove and turn the heat to high.
3. When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until firm to bite.
4. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
5. Place a deep pan on the stove and turn the heat to high.
6. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
7. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
8. Add the garlic, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Saute until aromatic.
9. Add the marinara sauce and stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to simmer, then remove from the heat.
10. Pour the sauce into a casserole dish and spread it evenly.
11. In a mixing bowl, add 1 egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ricotta, 1/4 cup parsley, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Stir until well combined.
12. Arrange the noodles onto a baking sheet.
13. Top each lasagna noodle with 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and spread it evenly.
14. Spread just enough meat sauce over each noodle. Roll and place them into the casserole dish and arrange them in a single layer.
15. Pour the rest of the meat sauce on top of the rolls and top them with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
16. Cover the casserole with aluminium foil.
17. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
18. Remove the foil cover and broil for 3 more minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden colour.
19. Remove from the oven and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 333 | Calories from Fat 12 | Fat 14g 22% | Saturated Fat 8g 50% | Cholesterol 76mg 25% | Sodium 760mg 33% | Potassium 457mg 13% | Carbohydrates 27g 9% | Fiber 2g 8% | Sugar 4g 4% | Protein 24g 48% | Vitamin A 677IU 14% | Vitamin C 6mg 7% | Calcium 343mg 34% | Iron 2mg 11%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!