Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30mins | Ready In: 50 mins
Lemon chicken piccata can be one of the easiest dinners with only a few wholesome ingredients you can make. I’ve been longing for a recipe that will make me love to eat chicken again. It is delicious, and all the ingredients complement each other. Try this recipe for Lemon Chicken Piccata, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(3) large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch medallions
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil, or as needed
(1) clove garlic, minced
(1) c of low sodium chicken broth
(1/2) lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp minced Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. Preheat oven 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Put a serving platter into the oven to warm.
2. Add and season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Shake off excess flour. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil and then pan-fry the chicken pieces for 3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Do not crowd skillet, work in batches, add oil as needed. Add and place the chicken pieces onto the warmed platter in the oven. If you’re done cooking the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, just leave a thin coating on the pan surface.
3. Cook minced garlic and stir until fragrant for 20 seconds in the skillet. Pour in the chicken broth, and then scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add and stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon juice and capers, and then simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened for 5 minutes more. In a skillet, add and drop butter until the butter melts and incorporated, and swirl it into the sauce by tilting the skillet. Add parsley, and then remove from heat and set aside.
4. Arrange chicken medallions on serving plates and spoon sauce over each portion to serve.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 41.1 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 348 mg sodium; 21.2 g fat; 16.1 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!