Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
All you need for this recipe are these basic ingredients that I know you already have! Try this recipe now! Just a tip, make sure not to overcook the chicken for the best result. Enjoy!
For The Chicken:
Juice half a lemon
4 tbsp flour (all-purpose or tapioca)
2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
For The Sauce:
2 tsp oil
2/3 c light cooking cream
1 tsp cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 1 tbsp of water
2-3 tbsp lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
2 tbsp minced garlic (or 6-8 cloves garlic, minced)
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh parsley
Lemon slices or wedges, to serve
2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
1¼ c chicken broth (stock)
1. Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder, and salt over the chicken breasts. Toss until coated.
2. Squeeze lemon juice on top of each fillet.
3. Sprinkle flour over the chicken pieces, then toss until well coated. Shake off any excess.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add butter and oil, then allow them to become hot.
6. Add the chicken breasts, then cook each side for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
7. Move the chicken pieces onto a clean plate.
8. In the empty skillet, add garlic and onion. Sauté until aromatic and soft.
9. Turn the heat down to low, then add broth, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
10. Add the cream and stir until well blended.
11. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
12. Add the lemon juice and stir until well blended. Simmer for a minute.
13. Add the Italian herbs and stir until well blended.
14. Put the chicken breasts back into the skillet, then spoon the delicious sauce over.
15. Serve right away over mixed veggies or rice. Enjoy!
Calories: 228 kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!