Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 9 Servings
These heavenly treats are just too perfect! Serve them with your favourite cup of coffee and you have yourself a snack to remember! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c flour
2 Eggs, large
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp lemon juice
8 tsp lemon zest
1 c icing sugar
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
For the Brownies:
1. Apply cooking spray or butter in an 8×8-inch baking dish.
2. Prepare the lemons by juicing them and getting the zest.
3. Add flour, softened butter, sugar, and salt into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
4. In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until well mixed.
5. Transfer the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture and beat until well blended. This usually takes about 2 minutes.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
7. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
8. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
For the Glaze:
1. In a mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Spread the glaze on top of the cooled cake.
3. Allow the glaze to set for a few minutes.
4. Slice the cake into small bars.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!