Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This Loaded Mashed Potato Bake will surely satisfy all your cravings today! With this very minimal set of ingredients, you will surely have the best lunch or dinner ever! Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 slices bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar, divided
Chopped chives, for garnish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot with 2-inches of water on the stove.
3. Add the potatoes and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil and cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and put them back into the pot.
5. Place a large oven-safe skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
6. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy.
7. Remove the crispy bacon from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
8. Put the potatoes into a mixing bowl, then mash.
9. Add 3/4 of the bacon, 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese, butter, heavy cream, garlic, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
10. Transfer the mashed potatoes into the skillet where you cooked the bacon.
11. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheddar cheese on top. Crumble the rest of the bacon as well.
12. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
13. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chives on top.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!