Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
This will be the best pizza you will ever have! This recipe is a must-try! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 large eggplant
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2-1 c no sugar added pizza sauce*
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 yellow onion sliced
1 c fresh baby spinach
sea salt to taste
ground pepper to taste
3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ c chopped fresh oregano
crushed red pepper optional
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick cuts.
3. Brush each slice with olive oil.
4. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
5. Arrange the eggplant slices onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until done.
7. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the garlic and onion, then saute until aromatic and translucent.
10. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
11. Add spinach and pizza sauce. Stir until well mixed. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted completely.
12. Remove the baked eggplants from the oven.
13. Top each eggplant slice with the spinach mixture.
14. Sprinkle freshly chopped oregano and a generous amount of cheese on top of each eggplant slice.
15. Put them back inside the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
16. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
17. Garnish each eggplant slice with more oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1/2 of recipe, Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 791mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 15g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!