Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
I will always recommend this recipe to my friends. It is just too perfect not to share! Everyone should have a taste of this heavenly dish! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
14 oz cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
2.5 oz Pepperoni
2 lbs Italian Sausage, if in casings remove from the casing before cooking
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
1 Green Pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
12 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1.5 c Low Carb Pasta Sauce, we use Rao’s Homemade Marinara
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, powdered
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Add the cauliflower into a microwavable bowl and add 1 cup of water. Put it inside the microwave and heat it for about 3 minutes.
2. Drain and use paper towels to pat dry the cauliflower.
3. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add the Italian sausage and cook for 15 minutes or until brown. Remove from the skillet and discard any excess grease.
6. Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft. Remove them from the skillet as well.
7. Apply cooking spray in a 13×9-inch casserole dish.
8. Add half a cup of the sauce and spread it on the bottom of the prepared dish.
9. Add the cauliflower into another mixing bowl as well as the green peppers, Italian sausage, and mushrooms. Toss everything until well combined.
10. Spread half of the mixture over the sauce.
11. Spread another half a cup of the sauce over the meat mixture.
12. Top everything with half of the pepperonis and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers.
13. In a mixing bowl, add the Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
14. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the casserole.
15. Top everything with the rest of the pepperoni.
16. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
17. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 43g | Saturated fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated fat: 4g | Monounsaturated fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1195mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 14iu | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!