Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 12 to 16 Servings
I have loved this cake since I was a kid. When I was around 10 years old, my Grandma taught me how to do it. Now, I get to share it with you as well! The delicious taste of orange combined with the rest of the ingredients is superb! Try this recipe now and I promise you that you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!
2 – 1/2 cups flour
2 – 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 – 1/2 cups sugar, divided
11 ounces can mandarin oranges, undrained
2 cups whipping cream
1 box 3.4 ounces (4-serving size) box instant vanilla pudding ( i use french vanilla )
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour in two 8-inch round cake pans.
3. Add baking powder and flour into a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
4. In another mixing bowl, add 2 cups of sugar and butter. Beat until well mixed.
5. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
6. Add the can of mandarin oranges and beat until well mixed.
7. Add the flour mixture gradually and beat until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and spread it evenly.
9. Place the pans inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
For the Frosting:
1. Add pudding mix and 1/2 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
2. Add the pineapple and pineapple juice. Stir until well mixed.
3. Place it inside the fridge to chill.
4. Spread frosting on the first cake, then put the second cake over it.
5. Spread the rest of the frosting on top of the second cake.
6. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the cake.
7. Place it inside the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!