Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 9 Bars
These heavenly treats covered in maple glaze are my new favorites! This is a very simple recipe that I’m sure you can make. I promise you that all your time and effort in this recipe is worth it!
2 large Eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 c sugar
1 c dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 c butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 large apples, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c pure maple syrup
2 tbsp butter
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×9-inch baking pan.
For the Apple Filling:
1. Place a pot on the stove, then add all the ingredients for the apple filling. Stir until well blended.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low, then heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
For the Blondies:
1. Add butter into a mixing bowl, then beat until the texture becomes smooth.
2. Add the white sugar and brown sugar, then stir until well blended.
3. Add the eggs gradually, then beat every addition until well blended.
4. Add the vanilla extract and salt, then stir until well mixed.
5. In another mixing bowl, add cinnamon, flour, and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
6. Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, then whisk until well blended.
7. Add 1/2 of the blondie to the bottom of the greased pan and spread it evenly.
8. Add apple filling on top of the batter and spread it evenly as well.
9. Add the rest of the blondie over the apple filling.
10. Place the pan inside the preheated oven and bake the batter for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
For the Maple Glaze:
1. Add butter, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a heat-proof bowl. Place it inside the microwave and heat until the butter is melted, Stir until well blended.
2. Add the powdered sugar, then whisk until well blended. Let the mixture cool at room temperature.
3. Pour the glaze over the bars. Leave them for a few minutes at room temperature.
4. Slice into even squares.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!