This recipe is the definition of perfection! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
For the Cream Cheese Crust:
1 c +2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
ice water as needed
For the Sweet Potato Filling:
¼ c butter, unsalted, softened
1 c sugar
2 c cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
3 Eggs, room temperature
¼ c brandy [I use E&J XO Extra Smooth Brandy]
2 tsp grated lemon zest (be careful not to get the bitter, white pith!)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
For the Cream Cheese Pastry:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Whisk until well combined.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and cream cheese. Beat until well combined.
3. Transfer the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
4. Add cold water gradually and mix until the dough forms into a ball.
5. Gently pat the dough to shape it into a circle.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, then place it inside the fridge to chill for about 4 hours to overnight.
7. Unroll the pastry to about 1/8-inch thick, then place it into a pie dish.
8. Trim and roll the sides below.
9. Cover it and place it inside the fridge.
For the Filling:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. In a small pan, add the brandy. Place it on the stove and allow it to become hot. Remove from the heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, add butter and beat until creamy.
4. Add sugar and beat until well mixed.
5. Add the potatoes and beat until just combined.
6. Add eggs gradually and beat every addition.
7. Pour in the brandy together with lemon juice, lemon zest, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
8. Spread the icing over the pastry shell.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!