Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this delicious dish to my friends! I just know that everyone should taste how awesome this Massor Dal Tadka is! A big thanks to my dear friend, Andrew, for this spectacular recipe! I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 1/2 c (300 g) dry red lentils
1 large (200 g) carrot finely diced (*see recipe notes)
1 small bell pepper
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 heaped tbsp fresh ginger minced
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 c (720 ml) vegetable broth or water
1 c (240 ml) canned coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 tablespoon sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
1. Wash and rinse the lentils with water.
2. Slice the garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrot, and ginger.
3. Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium heat.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the sliced ginger, garlic, bell pepper, and carrot. Saute for a few minutes until soft and aromatic.
6. Add the sweetener, all spices, 3 cups vegetable broth, and lentils. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
7. Reduce the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
8. Add the coconut milk and stir until well blended. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Garnish with herbs.
10. Serve immediately with basmati rice or naan. Enjoy!
Feel free to use sweet potato in exchange for carrot.
Fat 9.7g 15% | Carbohydrates 35g 12% | Fiber 8.1g 32% | Sugar 5.8g 6% | Protein 14g 28%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!