Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 40 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Lunch or dinner will be awesome again with these delicious Scalloped Potatoes! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed in just one bite! Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 onions medium, finely diced
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups 2% milk
3 pounds russet potatoes thinly sliced
6 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place a medium skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add olive oil and butter, then allow them to become hot.
5. Add the onions, salt, and pepper. Saute until translucent.
6. Add flour and whisk and cook for about 2 minutes or until it turns into a roux.
7. Add the milk gradually and whisk every addition until well blended.
8. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat.
10. Arrange 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the cheese, and 1/2 of the onions sauce in layers into the greased baking dish. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers.
11. Cover with foil the entire baking dish.
12. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour.
13. Remove the foil cover and bake for another 40 minutes or until done.
14. Broil for about 3 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
15. Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
16. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!