Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Hello there, friends! I hope you are all well today. This Mexican Cornbread Casserole is superb! A big thanks to my sister, Joan, for this awesome recipe. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to modify it to your liking. Have a beautiful day, friends. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
2 box cornbread mix
1 pound ground beef
1 small can of chopped green chillies
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can(s) regular corn
1 can(s) creamed corn
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
3. Add the taco seasoning and green chilli. Stir until well mixed.
4. Refer to the directions on the package of the cornbread on how to mix it.
5. Add 1/2 regular corn and 1/2 can of creamed corn. Stir until well combined.
6. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
7. Lay the meat mixture over the cornbread.
8. Spread the rest of the corn and cream corn over the meat mixture.
9. Top everything with a generous amount of cheese.
10. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
11. Place the casserole inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until done.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!