Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 6 Cups
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends, and that includes you! This Mexican Shredded Beef is so awesome, I’m telling you! Every bite is so flavorful that you will fall in love with it instantly! Have a great one, friends. I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 lime, juiced
1/2 c beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3.5-4 pounds chuck roast
Dry Rub Spices:
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1-2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for added heat)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder (I used McCormick brand)
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the dry rub spices. Stir until well mixed.
2. Add tomato paste and beef broth into a separate mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Put the chuck roast into a crockpot.
4. Sprinkle the spices on top of the chuck roast, then rub it until well coated.
5. Add the broth mixture into the pot, then stir until well mixed.
6. Cover the crockpot, then cook everything for about 8 hours on a low setting or until tender.
7. Transfer the chuck roast into a bowl. Use two forks to shred it into small pieces.
8. Put the shredded roast back into the crockpot.
9. Add lime juice, then stir until well blended. Add more seasonings if you need to.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Method:
1. Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot.
2. Press the “Manual” button and cook everything for about 1 hour and 30 minutes on a high setting.
3. Do a natural release for about 15 minutes.
4. Add lime juice and stir until well blended.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 0.5 cup | Calories: 214 kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 30.5g | Fat: 9.7g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 94.1mg | Sodium: 546mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 0.4g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!