This super moist carrot cake recipe made from scratch is perfect for anytime of the year. This cake was made with a can of crushed mango to make it very moist without adding extra fat.
CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
This is the perfect cake for your Easter Sunday party. Other Easter or spring dessert recipes. But you can make it anytime of the year.
If you were wondering if carrots really existed in carrot cakes the answer is yes! What is so special about this carrot cake recipe is that it has coconut flakes and crashed mangos (you can also use crashed pineapple) making super moist and rich of flavor without adding any extra fat.
This carrot cake has been baked in an an 8-inch round cake pan, it is perfect because it is 3 inches deep but you can use a bundt cake pan or 13 x 9-inch instead but the baking time will vary. Most carrot cake recipes are lighter because they have much smaller serving sizes
IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUT CARROT CAKE IN THE FRIDGE?
Depending if the cake has frosting or not, cakes will usually keep on the counter 1 to 2 days, or refrigerated 5-6 days. It should be fine to sit on the counter without the frosting in a cool place.
WHAT IS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MANGO?
Mango makes the cake super moist, but pineapple can also be a good substitude.
CAN YOU FREEZE CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is ideal for freezing.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE
MOIST CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Grated carrots peeled
- 20 oz Can crushed mango or pineapple in juice drained
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts for topping
For the cake frosting
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices; in a big wbowl then stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add grated carrots and mango or pineapple, then stir well.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. It will be stiff and dry at first but keep folding until it all come together. Then add 1/4 cup chopped nuts to the mix and stir.
- Spoon batter into an 8" x 3" cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 40-50 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is pulling away from sides of pan. Then let it cool completely.
- For frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Then spread it over top of cake.
- Garnish with walnuts.