Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 15 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I have never tasted this Monte Cristo Sandwich before, and I am so glad that I gave this recipe a try because I never would have tasted perfection! The taste of cheese, meat, jam, and a lot more, complement well with each other to make such a delicious treat! This sandwich will surely satisfy all your cravings. Surprise everyone with the best sandwich there is. Enjoy!
Sweet Batter Ingredients:
3/4 c milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 large Egg
2 tsp baking powder
1 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
Monte Cristo Sandwich Ingredients:
4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
8 slices Texas style white bread or any square-formed white bread
8 slices turkey
8 slices of Swiss cheese
powdered sugar raspberry jam for dipping
8 slices ham
1. In a mixing bowl, add salt, flour, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
2. In another mixing bowl, add egg and milk. Whisk until well blended.
3. Transfer the egg mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture, then whisk until well blended and thick. Add a bit of milk if needed.
4. Add a slice of Swiss cheese, 4 slices of meat, and another Swiss cheese over each bread slice. Top with another piece of bread.
5. Secure each sandwich with a toothpick on the corner.
6. Coat each sandwich with the batter.
7. Fry the sandwiches at 340 degrees F for a few minutes until all sides turn golden brown.
8. Transfer the sandwiches onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Discard the toothpicks.
9. Dust the sandwiches with powdered sugar if you like.
10. Serve and enjoy!
I highly suggest you serve these sandwiches with sweet jam as a dipping sauce. Thank me later!
Calories: 707 kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 44g, Fat: 31g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 153mg, Sodium: 1235mg, Potassium: 690mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 615IU, Calcium: 751mg, Iron: 4.5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!