Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This Mushroom Barley Soup is one of the best soups I’ve had in a long time! It has all the components of a good soup. Mushrooms, creamy broth, and a lot more! In just 30 minutes, you can have the best soup to serve! Pair it with your dinner meal, and you are so in for a treat!
3 c 2% milk
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 c beef broth
¼ c diced carrots
1 lb. fresh baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
½ white onion, diced
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¾ c quick-cooking barley
¼ tsp dried thyme
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the onions, mushrooms, and carrots. Sauté for a few minutes until translucent and soft.
4. Add the barley, beef broth, and dried thyme. Stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits.
5. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for 15 minutes or until the barley is soft.
6. Meanwhile, add milk, salt, pepper, and flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
7. Add the flour mixture into the pan with the soup, then allow it to boil. Stir until well blended.
8. Cook the soup for another 4 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
9. Serve right away and enjoy!
Feel free to use your preferred mushrooms for this recipe.
You can add heavy cream if you wish.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 201 kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 549mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!