Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
I have loved this Caramel Icing since I was a little kid. I always asked my mom to add it to every cake that she baked! When I was about ten years old, she taught me how to make it. She said that I should learn how to make it since I love it so much! Now, that I am an adult, I still love this icing over each cake that I bake! Anyway, I have listed all the ingredients and directions so just follow them and you are good to go! Don’t forget to share this with your loved ones as well! Before I forget, make sure to tweak it to your liking. You are more than welcome to add your preferred ingredients. Make it your recipe and maybe one of these days, I get to see your recipe and learn a thing or two from it! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are well today. Enjoy!
3 cups white granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup white whole milk
1 1/2 stick cold butter
5 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add milk and 3 cups of sugar. Stir until well blended.
3. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add about 5 tbsp of sugar. Stir and cook until it turns golden brown and becomes hot.
6. Transfer the brown sugar into the pan and stir until well blended. Cook for another 15 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cold butter. Beat until well combined.
8. Add more milk if the texture becomes too thick.
9. Spread the icing over your prepared cake.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!