Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
I have had a lot of cakes with icing in my life, but nothing compares to this delicious Caramel Icing! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! You need to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am 100 per cent sure that you and your kids are going to love it! Prepare your cake and spread this delicious caramel icing on top, and you are ready to serve! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you all love and appreciate this recipe today. Enjoy!
3 cups white granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups white whole milk
1 1/2 stick cold butter
5 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1. Place a saucepan on the stove, then add milk and 3 cups of sugar. Stir until well blended. Make sure that the sugar is dissolved completely.
2. Turn the heat to medium and heat the mixture for a few minutes.
3. Place an iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add 5 tbsp of sugar and cook until golden brown and caramelized.
4. Transfer the caramelized sugar into the milk mixture, then whisk until well blended. Cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the cold butter. Beat until well blended.
6. Add more milk if the texture of the icing is too thick.
7. Let your cake cool completely at room temperature.
8. Spread the icing over the cooled cake.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!