Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
If you want only the best for your loved ones, then you have got to give this recipe a try! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a great one, friends. Enjoy!
4 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
3 tbsp butter
1 c chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 small white or yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 c freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese*, divided (feel free to add more cheese if you’d like)
2 c whole milk (or half and a half)
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the garlic and onion, then saute until aromatic and soft.
6. Add the flour, then stir and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
7. Add the stock, then whisk until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits.
8. Add milk, 1 tsp thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed, then simmer for a minute or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick. Remove the pan from the stove.
9. Add 1/2 of the potatoes into the prepared pan and arrange them in a single layer.
10. Add 1/2 of the cream sauce and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers ending with cheese.
12. Cover the entire pan with foil, then place them in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
13. Remove the foil cover, then bake for 30 more minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
15. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese and thyme on top to garnish.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!