Old but gold! This awesome Coconut Cake will surely satisfy all your cravings today! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this recipe to the next level! Serve this with your favourite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a snack to remember! Have the most wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 cup Crisco
2 1/2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Flavoring
1 can(s) Crushed Pineapple
1 teaspoon Butter
Sweeten to taste with brown sugar
SOUR CREAM FROSTING
1 cup Sour Cream
10 Confectioners Sugar
1 teaspoon Softened Butter
1 can(s) Coconut
For the Cake:
1. In a mixing bowl, add sugar and Crisco. Beat until creamy.
2. Add eggs gradually and beat every addition.
3. In a mixing bowl, add cake flour and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Transfer the mixture into the Crisco and sugar mixture. Whisk until well mixed.
5. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and stir until well blended.
6. Apply cooking spray in 9-inch cake pans.
7. Fill each prepared pan with the batter and spread it evenly.
8. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
9. Place the pans inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
For the Filling:
1. Place a 1 1/2-quart pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
2. Add all the ingredients for the frosting and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Poke small holes over the cake, then spread the filling over the cake. Make sure to fill each small hole with it.
For the Sour Cream Frosting:
1. In a mixing bowl, add butter and sour cream. Stir until well blended.
2. Add confectioners’ sugar and stir until well mixed.
3. Spread the frosting over the cake, then garnish with coconut.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!