Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 15 Servings
A big thanks to my dear friend, Arman, for this awesome recipe! This Navajo Cornbread is just too perfect! I am so glad that I gave this one a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Feel free to add more ingredients to this very simple recipe if you prefer. Serve this with your favourite cup of coffee and you have yourself a snack to remember! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 1/2 c plain yellow cornmeal
1/2 c plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 14-ounces can creamed corn
1/2 c sour cream
1 c milk
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped (about a cup)
8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add baking powder, flour, salt, and cornmeal. Stir until well mixed.
3. In another mixing bowl, add sour cream, eggs, creamed corn, vegetable oil, and milk. Stir until well combined.
4. Add the cornmeal mixture, cheese, onions, and jalapenos. Stir until well combined.
5. Apply cooking spray in a 13×9-inch baking dish.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
8. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until done.
9. Remove from the oven and let it sit at room temperature to cool completely.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free not to remove the seeds of the jalapenos for a spicy version!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!