Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 37 mins | Yield: 4 to 8 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my loved ones! It is just too perfect! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. A luscious dish that will make your day extra special. Try it now! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
24 ounces brats (can work out to 8 links or less, depending on the type of bratwurst you buy*)
1 tbsp butter
3 medium red or sweet onions
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon thyme (freshly picked leaves or dried), more to garnish (optional)
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika (optional)
12 ounces dark, malty German lager (bock, doppelbock, dunkel, Vienna lager, Oktoberfest lager)
1 c beef stock
1. Put a 10-inch skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the brats and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until brown.
4. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, then add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add the onions, thyme, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 8 minutes or until caramelized.
7. Add beef broth and scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the brown bits.
8. Put the beef back into the skillet and stir until well mixed. Make sure to submerge the beef completely.
9. Simmer everything for about 25 minutes or until done.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 510 | TOTAL FAT: 56g | SATURATED FAT: 19g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 33g | CHOLESTEROL: 78mg | SODIUM: 1888mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 19g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 7g | PROTEIN: 26g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!