Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends, and that includes you! These spectacular meatballs smothered in a delicious sauce will surely make you very happy today! Try and taste perfection yourself. Enjoy!
For the meatballs:
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil (can also use avocado oil or coconut oil)
1 lb. 93% lean ground chicken (or lean ground turkey)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
1/4 c finely diced red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ c panko breadcrumbs (or if GF sub 2-3 tbsp coconut flour)
1/3 c finely diced cilantro
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
For the coconut mango sauce:
1 ½ c diced mango (can use frozen, just make sure you thaw it first)
2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
1 (15 oz) can of light coconut milk
3/4 c frozen peas (or edamame)
1 red bell pepper, julienned
Hot sauce, if desired
Diced green onion
Chopped honey-roasted peanuts
For the Mango Coconut Sauce:
1. Add soy sauce, coconut milk, and mango slices to the blender. Pulse until well blended.
For the Meatballs:
1. Add the garlic, ginger, ground chicken, cilantro, bread crumbs, egg, cayenne, salt, cumin, red onion, jalapeno, turmeric, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Mix everything with your hands until well incorporated. Shape the mixture into 16 even balls.
2. Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add sesame oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the meatballs, then cook each side for 5 minutes or until brown. Make sure to cook them in batches to prevent overcrowding.
5. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then add the mango coconut sauce. Stir until well blended.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the skillet. Simmer everything for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove the cover, then add the red bell pepper and peas. Stir until well mixed. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve right away over rice or zucchini pasta. Enjoy!
Sprinkle your preferred toppings on top to garnish.
Servings: 4 servings Serving size: 1 serving (based on 4) Calories: 392 kcal Fat: 21.1g Saturated fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 25.6g Fiber: 3.7g Sugar: 11.2g Protein: 24.9g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!