Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Chicken, rice, and a lot more ingredients made this recipe the perfect meal to serve pretty much all the time! You only need an hour to cook this dish. All the ingredients and directions are provided below so just follow them and you are good to go. Enjoy!
1 tsp dried basil
1/3 c sun-dried tomato strips in oil, chopped (optional: but adds flavor)
1/4 c fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in
1-2 tsp salt (adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp pepper, (adjust to your taste)
1 1/3 c uncooked long-grain rice, rinsed (arborio rice may also be used in a risotto-like consistency)
1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
14.5 oz (400g) tin crushed tomatoes, with liquid
1 onion, diced
extra chopped fresh basil (to serve)
1 3/4 c chicken broth (or chicken stock)
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 400 degrees C or 200 degrees C.
2. Place a large ovenproof skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken into the hot skillet, then sear each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them onto a clean plate.
5. In the same skillet, add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
6. Add the onion and red peppers, then sauté for 3 minutes or until soft.
7. Add the rice, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until well mixed. Sprinkle dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
8. Place the chicken thighs on top of the rice, then allow it to boil.
9. Cover the skillet with foil, then place it in the preheated oven and cook everything for another 40 minutes. Add more water if needed.
10. Remove the foil cover, then broil for another 10 minutes or until the chicken becomes crispy.
11. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
12. Sprinkle basil on top to garnish.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 560 kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 45.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2.9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!