Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Talk about a complete meal! This recipe is just too perfect! A total family meal that everyone is going to love. It only takes one hour to prepare and cook. Enjoy!
14.5 oz (400g) tin crushed tomatoes, with liquid
1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
1 onion, diced
1-2 tsp salt (adjust to your taste)
1 1/3 c uncooked long-grain rice, rinsed (arborio rice may also be used in a risotto-like consistency)
1 tsp dried basil
6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in
1/3 c sun-dried tomato strips in oil, chopped (optional: but adds flavor)
1/4 c fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
extra chopped fresh basil (to serve)
1 3/4 c chicken broth (or chicken stock)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp pepper, (adjust to your taste)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 400 degrees C or 200 degrees C.
2. Place a large ovenproof skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken into the skillet, then sear each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until brown. Transfer them onto a clean plate.
5. In the empty skillet, add the garlic and sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
6. Add the onion and red peppers, then sauté for 3 minutes or until translucent and soft.
7. Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until well incorporated.
8. Sprinkle dried basil, salt, and pepper to season. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
9. Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the rice, then allow it to boil.
10. Cover the skillet with foil. Transfer it to the preheated oven and cook everything for another 40 minutes. Make sure to add more water if needed.
11. Remove the cover, then broil everything for 10 more minutes or until the chicken becomes crispy.
12. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
13. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
14. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 560 kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 45.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2.9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!