Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
This spectacular dish is something very special to me! My grandma used to cook this all the time. I am so grateful to her for sharing this recipe with me because now, I get to share it with you as well! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Give this one a try, and I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort today! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 1/2 c uncooked penne pasta
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 c shredded from the block Parmesan cheese
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 to 3 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
1/2 c diced yellow onion
1/3 c water
freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
2 tbsp olive oil
2 c chicken broth
1. Sprinkle 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning over the chicken, then rub each until well coated.
2. Place a 12-inch skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the onions, then sauté until translucent.
5. Add the chicken, then cook each side for a few minutes until brown.
6. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
7. Add chicken broth, water, pasta, Cajun seasoning, and sliced peppers. Stir until well blended.
8. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low.
9. Cover the skillet and simmer everything for about 22 minutes,
10. Remove the skillet from the stove, then add the Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir until melted completely.
11. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
12. Serve and enjoy!
CALORIES: 371.6KCAL | CARBOHYDRATES: 26G | PROTEIN: 30.2G | FAT: 15.6G | CHOLESTEROL: 77.9MG | SODIUM: 661.7MG | POTASSIUM: 288.3MG | FIBER: 1.7G | SUGAR: 1.7G
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!