Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
You won’t be needing anything else with this One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole! A complete meal to complete your day! Chicken, rice, and a lot more exciting flavors all in one pot!
1 red bell pepper/capsicum, diced
680g (24 ounces) tomato passata or crushed canned tomatoes
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 c (270g) white rice (short, medium, or long-grain, uncooked
3 cloves garlic, crushed
400g (13 ounces) chicken breast, about 1/3-inch/1cm thick, sliced horizontally into thin steaks
1 1/2 c frozen corn (250g)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
3 c chicken broth or water (750ml)
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
1-1 1/2 c grated cheese (about 125-150 g)
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons onion powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (spicy – adjust to taste)
Chopped cilantro/coriander optional
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chicken, then cook each side for about 2 minutes or until brown. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
4. In the same skillet, add a bit of oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the garlic and onion, then sauce until aromatic and translucent.
6. Add the bell peppers, then sauté for about 2 minutes or until soft.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients aside from the cheese and rice. Stir until well mixed. Let the mixture simmer.
8. Add the rice, then stir until just mixed.
9. Cover the skillet with a lid, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the rice for 15 minutes or until done. Make sure not to stir.
10. Use two forks to shred the chicken into small pieces.
11. Add the shredded chicken back into the skillet, then stir until well mixed.
12. Sprinkle cheese on top.
13. Place the skillet in the broiler, then broil until the cheese turns golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 443g Calories: 490cal (25%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!