Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe will be the best decision you will ever make today, I’m telling you! Feel free to tweak this according to your preference. My only advice is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 medium yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounces dried short-cut pasta (I used rigatoni)
24 ounces jar of your favourite marinara sauce (I used Newman’s Own)
water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
1 c mozzarella cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
fresh parsley and/or basil, minced for garnish
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Make sure to coat them well.
4. Put the chicken breasts into the hot skillet and cook each side for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from the skillet.
5. In the same skillet, add garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic and translucent.
6. Add the marinara sauce and stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer.
7. Put the chicken back to the skillet as well as the pasta. Toss until well combined
8. Cover the skillet and cook the pasta for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
9. Add the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Stir and cook until melted completely.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese over and cook for 2 more minutes until melted.
11. Sprinkle more Italian seasoning if needed, then garnish with freshly chopped basil.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!