Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This delicious Chicken Stew never fails to amaze me all the time! The ultimate comfort food ever! Give this recipe a try, I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy!
1 medium sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
5 c chicken stock, divided
12 ounces baby white potatoes, quartered
3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2-pound chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon canola oil or avocado oil
1 dried bay leaf
1. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken, then rub each until well coated.
3. Place a heavy Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to high.
4. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken, then cook all sides for 5 minutes or until they turn brown. Move the chicken onto a clean plate.
6. In the empty Dutch oven, add the onions and carrots. Sauté for a few minutes until translucent and soft.
7. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
8. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken stock and stir until well blended. Scrape the bottom of the pot to get the browned bits.
9. Mix 1/2 cup of broth and flour, then whisk until well blended.
10. Pour the mixture into the chicken and the rest of the chicken broth. Stir everything until well blended.
11. Add the bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
12. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes.
13. Add the potatoes and stir just mixed.
14. Cover and cook for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
15. Add parsley and stir until well blended. Discard the bay leaf.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Calories 486 | Total Fat 14.6g 19% | Cholesterol 168.8mg 56% | Sodium 679.7mg 30% | Total Carbohydrate 42.6g 15% | Sugars 12.1g | Protein 44.9g 90% | Vitamin A91% | Vitamin C 23%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!