Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This dish is both delicious and hassle-free! In just about 1 hour, you will surely enjoy the best Chicken Stew ever! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 1/2 pound chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 tablespoon canola oil or avocado oil
3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
6 garlic cloves, chopped
5 c chicken stock, divided
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 dried bay leaf
12 ounces baby white potatoes, quartered
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Season with salt and pepper on the chicken thighs.
2. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 5 minutes on all sides or until brown.
5. Remove them from the pot onto a clean plate.
6. In the same Dutch oven, add the onions and carrots. Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft.
7. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
8. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and stir until well combined. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the brown bits.
9. Add 1/2 cup of broth and flour into a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Add flour mixture into the chicken as well as the rest of the chicken broth. Stir until well combined.
11. Add the bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
12. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
13. Add the potatoes and stir until just mixed.
14. Cook for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
15. Add parsley and stir until well mixed.
16. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 486 | Total Fat 14.6g 19% | Cholesterol 168.8mg 56% | Sodium 679.7mg 30% | Total Carbohydrate 42.6g 15% | Sugars 12.1g | Protein 44.9g 90% | Vitamin A91% | Vitamin C
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!