Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins
This dish is consists of a variety of flavours that you will surely crave every time! I love how the orange and chicken complement each other to make such a delicious treat! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try this recipe now!
8 pieces of chicken I used legs and thighs
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic smashed
5 sprigs of thyme
1 large navel orange. sliced
2 c of chicken stock
1/2 c fresh orange juice
1 large purple onion sliced cross-ways
1 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes add more for a spicy dish
salt and pepper
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Season with salt and pepper the chicken legs and thighs.
3. Place an oven-safe skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken and cook each side for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
6. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate.
7. Discard the rendered fat on the skillet, then turn the heat down to medium.
8. Add the cumin seeds and cook until lightly toasted.
9. Immediately add butter and allow it to melt.
10. Add garlic and saute until aromatic.
11. Add orange juice and stock. Stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 2 minutes. Make sure to scrape the bottom to get the brown buts.
12. Put the chicken back to the skillet and toss until just coated with the sauce.
13. Add the oranges, thyme, onion, and red pepper flakes.
14. Cover the skillet, then place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour.
15. Remove the cover the bake for another 15 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and add more seasonings if needed.
17. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.
18. Serve hot with rice or roasted veggies. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!