Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Additional Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This awesome pie will surely become your favourite after just one bite! Its luscious taste will surely make you very satisfied! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones as well. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
¾ c sugar
⅓ c cornstarch
1 pinch salt
1 c orange juice
½ c lemon juice
¼ c water
4 Eggs, separated
4 tbsp butter or margarine, cut into pieces
2 tsp grated orange zest
½ c diced orange segments
½ c white sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Line with aluminium foil the pastry, then top it with dried beans.
3. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove the cover and the green beans.
5. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Place a small saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 3/4 cup of sugar, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
8. Add lemon juice, water, and orange juice. Whisk until well blended.
9. Add egg yolks and whisk until well mixed.
10. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
11. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the orange zest and butter. Stir until well mixed.
12. Spread the mixture over the prepared crust, then cover it with plastic wrap. Allow it to cool completely.
13. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
14. In a mixing bowl, add the egg whites and beat until creamy.
15. Add cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of sugar gradually. Beat until it forms stiff peaks.
16. Transfer the meringue over the crust and spread it evenly.
17. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
18. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
19. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 365.4 | Protein: 5g 10% | Carbohydrates: 52.6g 17% | Dietary Fiber: 1.3g 5% | Sugars: 35.5g | Fat: 15.8g 24% | Saturated Fat: 6.3g 32% | Cholesterol: 108.3mg 36% | Vitamin A Iu: 391.6IU 8% | Niacin Equivalents: 1.9mg 15% | Vitamin B6: 0.1mg 4% | Vitamin C: 29.2mg 49% | Folate: 44mcg 11% | Calcium: 27.6mg 3% | Iron: 1.2mg 7% | Magnesium: 11.8mg 4% | Potassium: 168.2mg 5% | Sodium: 194mg 8% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 14% | Calories From Fat: 142.1
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!