Servings: 36 | Yield: 3 – 9-inch layer cake
I love baking since I was young. I think I got my way to the kitchen through baking. It is not a surprise because my family loves cooking and baking. I always wanted to receive gifts that are related to baking because then I can use it every day. Don’t get me wrong, I act like a kid, but I just simply like baking than playing around.
This Orange Sunshine Cake is one of those cakes I bake as a kid. In a magazine, I read the recipe, tried it, and it turns out amazing. This orange sunshine cake made from the orange extract and mandarin orange segments gives it that perfect orange flavor. The frosting is a mixture of pudding and pineapple. You can cover the cake entirely with frosting for a traditional cake or only do a simple “crumb coat” on the outside of the cake if you love the look of a naked cake because it makes a lovely naked orange cake. There are a lot of versions of this recipe, but I like this one more. Try this recipe for Orange Sunshine Cake, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (18.25 oz) package of yellow cake mix
(4) large eggs
(2) (3.5 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
½ cup of vegetable oil
2 tsp orange extract
1 (11 oz) can mandarin orange segments
(1) (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (8 oz) can crush pineapple, drained
1. Add and combine cake mix, eggs, a package of pudding, vegetable oil, orange extract, and mandarin oranges, beat well for about 3 minutes.
2. In a preheated oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), bake for 20-25 minutes it in a 3 – 9 inch greased and floured round cake pans.
3. To Make Frosting: Add and fold pudding and pineapple into whipped topping and frost cake. Keep it refrigerated.
Per Serving: 156.3 calories; fat 7.7g 12% DV; cholesterol 21mg 7% DV; sodium 183.5mg 7% DV; protein 1.5g 3% DV; carbohydrates 20.8g 7% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!