I am sure that you all have a fried chicken recipe, but have you tried this one yet? Well, this recipe is a must-try! I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort! These juicy chicken pieces are cooked to perfection. Enjoy!
5-6 c all-purpose or whole wheat flour (or a combination of the two) ——updated! for a gluten-free option, which I do now, I make a blend of 2-3 c almond meal, 2 c brown rice flour, and 1 c tapioca flour
2 heaping tbsp Mrs. dash original or table blend (table blend works best as a mix, but I’ve used both kinds)
1/3 cup parsley flakes
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt (more or less to taste, or you can omit altogether if you’re trying to reduce your sodium)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne or ground red pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1/3 to 1/2 cup onion powder (not onion salt)
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Marinate the chicken pieces for about 8 hours to overnight.
2. In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 4 cups of buttermilk, and 1/2 of Frank’s Red Hot. Stir until well mixed.
3. Add the chicken pieces and toss until well coated with the ingredients.
4. Add eggs and 1 cup of flour. Use your hands to mix everything until it resembles a pancake batter. Place it inside the fridge to marinate for several hours.
5. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, then shake off any excess.
6. Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
7. Add enough oil to submerge the chicken and allow it to become hot.
8. Add the chicken pieces in batches and cook until they turn golden brown.
9. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken pieces.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!